Sunday 19 May 2013

Thank you card bonanza

Hi everyone.

Hope you have all been keeping well. Winter is coming in New Zealand and today it just happened to pour down with rain.

Anyway, I've been sick home most of the week with laryngitis. I lost my voice completely so it was only reasonable that I had to stay at home seeing as I can't talk to patients at work! However, I did feel really bad all week leaving my colleague to cross-cover for a 2-person job! I will have to make up for it next week (our last week too!) and let him go home early.

One of my good friends always seems to be needing thank you cards and he asked for a few the other day. So I dredged out whatever motivation I had and made some.

In honesty, I am terrible at making thank you cards, especially when they are going to be given to guys! Masculine cards are my weakness and I have a horrendous time designing them. So naturally I ended up Googling a lot of images and got lazy in the end. People seem to like my crappy cards too (yeah, the ones I really don't like). So some of these may look similar to cards you have seen around the net.

I do apologise in advance not being able to specify any inspirational sources as I didn't take note of any!

This one is definitely a case... I just can't remember where I got the original idea from! Sorry!
 


Also got inspiration of this from another blog... and as always I cannot remember the link!



So yes, lots of thank you cards...

But anyway, Angela from work is leaving for Canada to do her fellowship. It seems that everyone is leaving ENT at the end of this month. I change over to General Medicine at the end of this week :'( and our fellow is also leaving soon. Seems to be a time of change.

Anyway, I got asked to make a card for Angela. Our outpatients charge nurse suggested I should have "will work for shoes" on the card, because she is into her shoes ;)

I probably did go overboard with stars, but I have been having lots of fun with the Star Gazer set so much I could not resist! Wait till you see some of my other creations (except I'm saving them up for submissions!).


 I decided we needed to have Bon Voyage at least somewhere in the card too... so it went inside the card.


 Anyway, thank you for coming by!

I am currently feeling incredibly lazy and will not list all the supplies & tools but you are all welcome to email me and ask. All stamp sets and dies were from Papertrey Ink (except the Labels 1 die from Spellbinders).

Hope you all have a nice day!

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards, Euna! I love the Will work for shoes, card, as well as the one where you stamped the Friends Til The End flower on the white background!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Wow, that's a lot if cards! Love the two tone vase. And the shoes are great, so true!

Anonymous said...

Great set of cards.
Will work for shoes is my fav!

Hope you are feeling better. Cold and miserable here in Melbourne too.