Sunday 21 October 2012

Easing back into crafting

So it's a weird feeling seeing your Cuttlebug again after 9 weeks of crafting-deprivation. I seriously hoped the ink pads would still be functional and I am proud to say they are still working (at least the ones I've tried!).

Anyway, my stamping mojo hasn't quite made it back from Aitutaki, so leading up to the blog hop in a few days, I decided I needed to do something very simple. As a result, I ended up making a card for a friend who has her big exams in a weeks time. Except, I pretty much copied a card I made previously, just in different colours. But anyway, it's a start...


As an added hidden detail, the bow has double tails. I did this by cutting off a length of ribbon and tying a bow around something small (e.g. lipstick) then pulling the bow out and cutting the "ring" created by forming the bow around the object. Trim the tails to lengths you want ;)

Anyway, simple as I warned you. But hopefully this will kick me into crafty mode before it gets too busy to even make Christmas cards! I hope to join everyone in the Blog Hop this week so wish me luck in getting crafty!

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Stamp: [PTI] Cupcake Collection; [My Cute Stamps] Little Cupcake
Ink: [PTI] Hawaiian Shores; [Adirondack] Pitch Black
Paper: [PTI] Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist
Other: [PTI] Spiral Notepad die, grosgrain ribbon (Hawaiian Shores), Diamonds impression plate; [Copic] Sketch Markers (BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18, E00, E21, E13, 0) ; [We R Memory Keepers] Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (aqua)

No comments: