Sunday 8 January 2012

Make It Monday #47 Part 2 - Glitterama

Hello everyone! I've got one more card to share with you today. I thought I'd go along with this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #47, because of the diversity you can play along with!
This time, I'm going back to MIM #3 where you create glitter strips using double sided tape. It's a neat trick for making clean glitter strips, and double sided tape holds glitter pretty well. Unfortunately, I used the Prisma Glitter and ended up with glittered pair of black pants afterwards yet again lol

Sorry about the bad photo quality. It doesn't do justice for all the glitter that went into the card!!!

I thought I'd try using the glittered strips as the background, rather than just have a single strip for a bit of decoration. I finally brought out the Block Alphabet dies and decorated the rest. It took a while to get all the foam tapes cut up and stick the alphabets individually. It's a simple card, but the glitter certainly works. 

Another thing you could do is to use different sized double sided tapes to add a bit more variation into the stripes :)

 That's it for today. Thanks for coming by again!

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
PAPER: [PTI] Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores
OTHER: [PTI] Block Alphabet die collection; [Palette] Prisma Glitter; [Sellotape] double-sided tape; foam tape

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wheeee! Love the glitter, Euna! And that the strips of glitter are larger than the usual smaller ones... Lovely! :)

Paper and Ribbons said...

Gittery gorgeousness! Love the stripes.

Deb said...

Love the glitter stripes! Great card! Btw, I find glitter on my kids all the time. It keeps me laughing!

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my giddy aunt! This is so fab! Seriously Euna-licious! The colours and the well placed glitter...very cool!

As for rogue glitter...try the cat, the dog, my husband, the kids...the cheery lot!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your glitter strips Euna. How do you do it? I mean make all your card so fabulous. ;)

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty card. Love the wider width of the strips. Cute sentiment