Saturday 31 December 2011

Last Post for 2011

Hi everyone! It's already end of 2011 in New Zealand with less than 4 hours of the year left! A lot has happened this year and to sum it up into a word, I'd say "rollercoaster" is the word. Despite it all, I've made it through another year, and I'm happy to say my blog is still going! My past blogs have been failures as I've lost interest in updating them only after a few months.

Next year will be an interesting year for me as I finish off my degree (YES!!!), go on my long-awaited elective to Aitutaki, Cook Islands for 3 months (I've waited 6 years for this!) and some travel in between to different places around the country as I do my runs in a couple of different places ;) Should be exciting.

Ok, so last post of the year it is. And with lots of cards yet again! It just happened that my PTI order, MyCuteStamps order and things I bought from Jennifer on PTI forums all arrived yesterday and I had lots of new things to play with! I'm a bit overwhelmed, really! :D

 So here's the card that I re-did from my previous post. I took out the Berry Sorbet cardstock out and just left it with Aqua Mist. I love how it goes so nicely with Kraft!!!
  
  
And by now you would have figured that I got Embellishments set recently and is going through a phase. I regret not getting this set earlier. The die for it just arrived yesterday in my PTI order (it had LOTS of dies!). I put the two die-cuts together and taped them. It makes a large embellishment die cut which is quite unique with two different colours ;)
  
 
I've gotten my hands on my 2nd Year of Flowers series set. I've kept this card simple and added some shimmer with the Mister Huey Color Mist. No sentiment on this one as I couldn't find a place for it. I coloured the flowers with my Copic markers. I wish I had a purple/mauve shade to colour the flowers. Pink isn't really the colour for Lily of the Valley, but I felt that it needed a little colour there somewhere.
 
   
And some cute cards now! I was sold on Tiny Tags when the second of the series came out recently. It's one set I never thought I'd get, but they are so cute!!! I admit that it was a bit of a mission transferring all the stamps onto my acetate sheet, because there were so many pieces!!!

The seal stamp is from My Cute Stamps. They are still doing the 50% off all stamps so if you were thinking of getting some earlier, get them now!!!

I also got Modern Wood Mats set and Diamonds impression plate in my recent order. I love this new IP! It's just gorgeous and you get so much more texture than the Tin Types IP.
 
 
 Last card for the day, continuing on the cute theme. The cupcake stamp was also from My Cute Stamps and I coloured it with my Copics.
 
 
That's it for the year!!! Happy New Year to you all and may next year bring you lots of love, happiness and surprises (good ones!). Thanks for coming by :)

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
{Wishing You Every Joy & Happiness...}
STAMP: [PTI] Embellishments, Half & Half
INK: [PTI] Aqua Mist, Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo; [SU!] Early Espresso; Versamark
PAPER: [PTI] Kraft, Rustic Cream, Aqua Mist
OTHER: [PTI] jute button twine, button (Hawaiian Shores), Mat Stack #4 die

{Embellishments Card}
STAMP: [PTI] Embellishments, Inside & Out: Birthday
INK: [SU!] Early Espresso, Old Olive, Real Red; [PTI] Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo
PAPER: [PTI] Kraft, Rustic Cream
OTHER: [PTI] Embellishments die collection, jute button twine; [Spellbinders] Nestabilities Labels #1

{Lily of the Valley Card}
STAMP: [PTI] Year of Flowers: Lily of the Valley
INK: [Memento] Tuxedo Black
PAPER: [PTI] Rustic Cream, Simply Chartreuse
OTHER: [PTI] Woodgrain impression plate, ribbon (Simply Chartreuse - saddle stitch); [We R Memory Keepers] Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (aqua); [Copic] Sketch Markers (G21, YG95, YG97, R20, R22, T1); [Studio Calico] Mister Huey Color Mist (Calico Shine, Clover)

{Your Special Day Tiny Tags Card}
STAMP: [PTI] Tiny Tags II, Modern Wood Mats; [My Cute Stamps] Circus Animals
INK: [PTI] Aqua Mist, Spring Moss; [Memento] Tuxedo Black
PAPER: [PTI] Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist
OTHER: [PTI] Mat Stack #4 die, Tiny Tags die collection, Diamonds impression plate; [We R Memory Keepers] Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (aqua); baker's twine (grey); [Copic] Sketch Markers (0, T1, BG11, Y35, Y38, R24, R29, R59)

{Make a Wish, Eat Cake Card}
STAMP: [PTI] Cupcake Collection; [My Cute Stamps] Little Cupcake
INK: [SU!] Early Espresso; [Memento] Tuxedo Black
PAPER: [PTI] Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush
OTHER: [PTI] Spiral Notebook Page die, Diamonds impression plate, button (Pure Poppy); [We R Memory Keepers] Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (aqua); [Celebrate!] satin ribbon (cream); [Copic] Sketch Markers (R20, R22, R24, GG20, G21, G24)

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Wonderful cards. Wishing you a happy new year (belated, because of the time difference) and a successful 2012. You have a lot on your plate, but I hope you will pop in when you can to let us all know what you are up to.