Friday 23 December 2011

Earthquakes and Cards

Earthquakes and cards have nothing to do with each other. In fact none of the cards below have anything to do with quakes we had today, but I thought, surely, it would seem like an interesting title for a blog post. So there.
  
Anyway, what a day it has been. Today is Christmas Eve Eve (yes, it's 23rd December) and Mother Nature has kindly decided to join in on the party. 
  
As an update from the previous post, power lines and phones have been down on the Eastern suburbs (yet again - that side of the town as had so much damage already this year, and to have to go through it all over again, my heart goes out to them), there's fresh liquefaction, rockfalls by Sumner/New Brighton/Lyttleton area, we had rest home residents trapped on a floor, airport is closed, busses running once an hour, malls evacuated, but all in all, no one died today. Thank goodness. Just as well we're in the middle of sunshine and it's not cold like it was when the first earthquake struck in September last year.

I'm on one of the best areas of the city in terms of quake-damage, so my house got away without a single crack and everyone's doing a-ok :)
 
So, shall we get onto some cards?
 
I can now officially say that I can't flick those mists without making a mess! I've given up on flicking inks. I might just stick to spraying. i swear this card looked better before I flicked all that mist onto it.
    
     
And I finally got a hold of those Shape Up series cupcake dies!!! And who said you couldn't use the In the Meadow snowdrift dies for things other than snow? I used it to make that puuurfect cut for the icing ;)
  
     
Here are some cards I've cased. The first one's Nichole Heady's card. It's very clever in the way you use the back of the stamp to get the solid ink images on the card. I just wish I had New Leaf ink pad...
    
   
This card is a case of Maile Belles' card. I love this card so much <3 It's just such a neat card. Maile used a pink shimmer cardstock at the bottom, but I just sprayed it with my Calico Shine mist - VOILA! It's a shimmer cardstock!
 
I had no black buttons, so had to substitute with Raspberry Fizz ones.
   
   
 That's it for the day! I have to say that I'm a bit inspiration-less these days. I think I need a little break and hopefully when my new dies arrive along with the Tiny Tags sets, I'll have a bit more inspiration :)
 
I hope the city pulls through this setback as well. It sucks for those on the heavily affected areas because it's Christmas and it's meant to have been a great time to relax and chill after a long, difficult year.
 
Kia kaha ("stay strong") Christchurch.
  
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
{Just a Little Something...}
STAMP: [PTI] Everyday Button Bits
INK: [SU!] Early Espresso, Calypso Coral
PAPER: [PTI] Vintage Cream, Summer Sunrise
OTHER: [PTI] Tin Types Impression Plate; [Studio Calico] Mister Huey's Color Mist (Calico Shine); buttons; [We R Memory Keepers] Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (aqua)
 
{Cupcake card}
STAMP: [PTI] Cupcake Collection
INK: [SU!] Early Espresso
PAPER: [PTI] Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush
OTHER
: [PTI] Raspberry Fizz button, Shape Up: Cupcake die collection, Tin Types Impression Plate; [Celebrate!] Satin ribbon (pink)
 
{For You}
STAMP: [PTI] Year of Flowers: Carnation, Fillable Frames #2, Fillable Frames #5
INK: [SU!] Wild Wasabi, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight; [Memento] Tuxedo Black
PAPER: [PTI] Stamper's Select White, Ripe Avocado
OTHER
: [PTI] Edgers #1 die, Fillable Frames #2 die; [unknown brand] ribbon
 
{Wishing You Happiness...}
STAMP: [PTI] Year of Flowers: Carnation
INK: [SU!] Early Espresso, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink
PAPER: [PTI] Stamper's Select White, Sweet Blush
OTHER
: [PTI] Edgers #1 die, Raspberry Fizz buttons, button twine (jute); [Studio Calico] Mister Huey's Color Mist (Calico Shine)

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I'm so glad you're okay, Euna!
What lovely cards! They're all wonderful!
Merry Christmas to you!

Joyce said...

So glad that you are OK. You are making some cute cards for someone who claims no inspiration. Must be youth! Merry Christmas.

Deb said...

Great cards! I am glad that you are okay. I hope you have a safe and Merry Christmas!

Kitty said...

I'm sorry the flicking didnt work for you! I still think its a super cute card though :) and you really are going good with the things you bought from me, look st cupcake! Makes me want to buy that die again ;) anyway I'm so glad to hear you are ok! Take care and I will talk to you soon-- I get discharged today!!!!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Happy to hear that you're ok. Your cards are beautiful.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.