Wednesday 16 November 2011

MIM & CAS-Friday Challenges Part 2

Ok, a dual post it is to cover both the Make-It-Monday & CAS-Friday Challenge!
 
 
First, the second CAS-Friday challenge card. I went a little polka dot-happy with this card. I just didn't know what to do after I cut out the Mat Stack #4 die cut. Somehow it worked out ok. I do love my polka dots ;)
 

 And the second Make-It-Monday card. It's actually the first one. I just didn't post it first :P
  This one was more experimental than anything - again using windows and PTI stamp set packaging box plastic. Just remember that Prisma Glitter will stick to the plastic with all that static!!! I thought I'd be clever and use my heat tool to blow the excess off. Well, think again. It only warped the plastic. Now I have a wrinkly card. And I managed to miscalculate and had double sided tape stick out onto card base, so had to chop off at the sides (hence there is no blue bits to the left or right) :'(
 
 
 A close-up view of the windows. I used the In the Meadow set. I'm quite happy how the glitter and stamped glue went together. I'm just not happy with the warped card! lol.
 
 
 
Did I mention I got my Take Three die at last? I forgot to order last time and had to buy off Denise. Now I really want those sets too.
 
Anyhow, enough rambling from me! Thanks for popping around again! :)
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
{Mat Stack Tag Card}
STAMP: [PTI] Polka Dot Basics II, Tremendous Treats: Christmas; Think Big Favorites #8
INK: [PTI] Fresh Snow, Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo; [SU!] Early Espresso; Versamark; The Essential Glue Pad
PAPER: [PTI] Dark Chocolate, Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy
OTHER: [PTI] Mat Stack #4 die; [We R Memory Keepers] Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (aqua); [Kaisercraft] rhinestones; [Celebrate] satin ribbon; [American Crafts] ribbon

{Glittered Windows Card}
STAMP: [PTI] Think Big Favorites #8, In the Meadow
INK: [PTI] Aqua Mist; The Essential Glue Pad
PAPER: [PTI] Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White
OTHER: [PTI] stamp set packaging box, Tin Types impression plate, Take Three die; [Palette] Prisma Glitter; [We R Memory Keepers] Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (aqua)

6 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

These are gorgeous, Euna!

Joyce said...

Two great cards. I am hoping to get a chance to play with my glitter today, too. I hope you get the Take Three stamps. I have most of the sets, and never use them, so I am counting on you to inspire me!!

Marybeth said...

Oh I like both cards, love the second one with the windows great idea to use the clear card stock.

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful idea gone terribly wrong...Been there! Sorry it didn't turn out the way you would like, but do it again! Someone would love to have this gorgeous card for Christmas! If you wait until the glue is well dried, you can gently use a soft brush to remove the excess glitter stuck to the acetate.

Laurie said...

These cards are so pretty! I love that glitter! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both your Casual Friday and Make It Monday cards are lovely. All that glitter is so yummy.