Thursday 27 October 2011

Spring is in the air: sunflowers card

I thought I'd give everyone a break from Christmas cards today. My exams are 2 days away and I feel far far too relaxed about it all. Perhaps the terror of all NZ medical students, the 5th year exams, isn't so bad after all.
 
Anyway, I didn't exactly plan this card. I had this sudden impulse to stamp something. Anything. It has been a sunny day after all, so I grabbed out my Simple Sunflowers set and Rustic Cream cardstock and just went stampin'. 
 
  
I did have a moment of sadness, seeing my Rustic Cream cardstock 12-pack shrunk down to half a pack :'(  If I had known I would love it this much, I would have gotten a 50-pack. I will with my next cardstock order. My Vintage Cream 50-pack is getting nowhere enough love because of this beautiful cardstock.

Anyway, I am thrilled how this card turned out. The lighting (and Photoshopping) made it a bit brighter than it actually is. The colours are a bit more washed out in real life, but I love it either way! <3

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMP: [PTI] Simple Sunflower, Half & Half
INK: [SU!] Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, [PTI] Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo
PAPER: [PTI] Rustic Cream Cardstock
OTHER: Baker's Twine (Green)

9 comments:

Elena said...

What a beautiful card! I love the heavy shading around the half&half die cut - it really grounds that piece. And I hear you on the papers! It's so hard to order the papers when you're international - and I'm almost crying that my guidelines grid cardstock is down to 2 sheets!!

Kay D said...

So beautiful; I just love those flowers!

Kara said...

so pretty!! i'm jealous...i wish it was spring here!!

Joyce said...

This is so sunny and beautiful. I also have an unloved pack of vintage cream that has gotten ignored since my rustic cream sailed through the door. Lucky me, I can get free shipping.

Veronica Z said...

Your card makes me happy! I love the beautiful yellow!

carol (krillsister) said...

A very bright & cheery card. Good luck on your exams.

Marybeth said...

Very pretty , happy card.

Leigh Penner said...

So pretty! I wish spring was in the air here.... we've got a long winter ahead of us...

Deb said...

Love this card!. Between you and Leigh, I am thinking that I am going to have to get that Half & Half die.