Monday 31 October 2011

Old card, different style

I had my written exam today. And it wasn't too flash. Well, more precisely, psychiatry wasn't very flash. I was probably ok for ethics and public health. Had some of the most unexpected questions (and the two I studied the least for!). But oh well, no point fretting now. It won't change my marks. Just need to keep going. I have two multi-choice exams left now. So the really nerve-racking and the really intense (3hrs of full on writing - I think I wrote close to 25 pages... D:) are out of the way. I think I can be a little more relaxed now.
 
Anyway, you're probably here to see something else. Here's an old card I made almost a year ago. It was after I had my first PTI order and really didn't have many stamp sets (and those I did order were bad choices for my style). 
 
This card is somewhat, not the sort you see me making often. I'm more of a CAS girl (btw, just for a bit of laugh, I only figured out what CAS meant last week) and I don't do very well with what you might call a 'shabby chic' style. My brain and imaginative capacity can't seem to hold all the different layers and the seam bindings etc. altogether.


Anyway, this card is half the size of your standard cards. And if I remember correctly, I think I made this card after getting my first Spellbinders Nesties set! And I didn't have any good cardstock back then either. The flowers are some I had bought from a scrapbooking shop back in my Dunedin days - they did a 50% off closing sale on EVERYTHING. It's a bit sad seeing how many scrapbooking stores have closed over the last few years, especially because I really only just started not that long ago!

Btw, I don't even know what those strips/strings/ties are called - the one I used to make the bow. I just bought them from a store a couple of years ago. I've been trying to figure it out, but if anyone knows the name of them, please let me know!

UPDATE: Thanks Leigh! I now know they're called raffia! :D

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMP: [PTI] Birthday Bash Sentiments
INK: Versamark
PAPER: [Unknown brand] Kraft, Cream, Vellum
OTHER: [Prima] Floral Embellishments, [unknown brand] Raffia, Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Circles (Large & Standard), Buttons

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

The bow is made of raffia, I think.
I'm glad your exams went well! Realing your blog always makes me glad that I'm done with exams, studying, etc! What does flash mean?
I think your card is pretty! I'm glad you've been able to find your style. I feel I've been able to do that this year, too.
All the best on your next exams!

euna said...

Thanks Leigh! I suppose you don't use the phrase "not so flash" in America. We use it here (a bit of local colloquialism!) to say it wasn't so great actually. And thanks for finding me the right word! Don't think I'd have found it on my own!

Jen Adcock said...

Looks plenty flash to me. Love it! The wee size is pretty nift too. Lovely card Miss Euna. Totally Eunalicious!

Veronica Z said...

Your card is beautiful! I really really love your design.