Thursday 6 October 2011

Make It Monday #35 (Part 2)

I had such an amazing experience today.
 
I'm currently doing paediatrics run at the moment, and I've always loved children.
 
Now, we had a wee girl come in a few days back. She was looking so miserable when she did, but I went back and saw her on Monday, she seemed a tad better. I went and saw her again yesterday, and she only put on a smile for me, but wouldn't say a word. But today, my, she was so happy! She was just chatting away and gave me a big big hug! Totally made my day! I just thought I'd share that.

Anyway... so yes... back to cards. after seeing Nichole's post, I had to go out and get a wider double sided tape. And I did after 2 attempts at it!

What I didn't remember was that you can't tear off standard double sided tape as you would with Scor-Tape *sigh* So I just had to do with a pair of scissors.

Anyway, I did make another card (because I could!). 


I do think I went a bit overboard with the rhinestones on the Fillable Frames die cut. And I had such a trouble trying to ink in the edges of the die cut too! FF#5 is quite hard to distress the edges of (with non-distress inks).

My card stash is getting fuller and fuller. It's a good sign but I also don't know what to do with them all! I've started putting some up for sale on TradeMe (New Zealand auction site) but nothing yet.

Anyway, this was just a quick post for the day.

Thanks for coming!
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMP: PTI A Little Argyle, Half & Half, Fillable Frames #5
INK: SU! Pool Party, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue
PAPER: PTI Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White
OTHER: Sellotape Double-Sided Tape (18mm wide), White Tissue Paper, PTI Fillable Frames #5 die, KaiserCraft Rhinestones (Island Lagoon)

9 comments:

Elena said...

the card is great! and I love your story about the little girl's recovery :)

Leigh Penner said...

I love the story about the little girl at your work-- thanks for sharing!
Great card, too! I love your design using the homemade washi tape!

Jen Carter said...

I love the tape you made!! It is so fun and I love the colors too!!

Joyce said...

What a sweet story about that little girl. I'm sure that reminds you why you are working so hard at school. Love the card--very interesting stamping on the tape. I, also, am getting a huge stash of cards.....I suggest buying a bigger box to hold them all.

Kristen :-) said...

so pretty!! Love the colors and the patterns you picked for the tape! Great story about the little girl. My little brother was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was 6 (he is 30 and VERY healthy now!) but as a child - a smiling face to them is so important!!

Sonya said...

Very nice card - thanks for the share. You've inspired me to finally ink my Argyle set and finish stamping up the washi tape.

carol (krillsister) said...

This is a very pretty card. I like the colors you chose. I think the fillable frame looks great, distressed edges & rhinestones.

Jen Adcock said...

Very cool. Love the Washi with the argyle on it especially. That couldn't of been an easy one...well it wouldnt have been for me and my old eyes. Hehee. The colors are so cool and refreshing. Fab job Miss Euna!

Marybeth said...

Wonderful job with the stamped tape.Very nice colors too.