Wednesday 7 September 2011

Simplified

Hello again! 

Classes have started again and I haven't much time to share cards for the next couple of months, but I still have a couple left in the stash!

Here's a ridiculously simple looking card I made end of last week with Papertrey Ink's Banner Builders set. I love the set, but I have yet to discover more creative uses for them.


Kraft cardstock & yellow went so well together. I love this card. It is a little fiddly punching holes into the die cuts and putting baker's twine through with buttons and all. Some corners ripped as I tried to pierce holes into them :(

Banners are heat embossed and it turns out clear embossing on Lemon Tart cardstock = subtleness to the max. I also heat embossed the "celebrate" sentiment from Fillable Frames #5 with clear embossing powder at the bottom too. I overheated towards the end and hence the sort of cool looking gradient effect. It was unintended. LOL.

Thanks for coming again and hope everyone has a great week :)

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMP: PTI Banner Builder & Fillable Frame #5
INK: Versamark (for heat embossing)
PAPER: PTI Kraft, Lemon Tart & Summer Sunrise cardstocks
OTHER: Baker's twine, buttons, PTI Banner Builder dies, Filigree clear embossing powder

No comments: