Saturday 10 September 2011

Make It Monday #31 (Part 1)

UPDATE (11 Sept): Just added photo for the blue/green version!
 
I've been meaning to blog all week. I've been meaning to attempt Make It Monday, but I only just got around it!
  
 So with the new Papertrey Ink MIM, we had to use a non-background stamp and use it to make backgrounds. I went back to one of my fav stamp-happy, ink-happy stamp which I actually used earlier in the year when I was trying to make use of my new SU! ink pads!

So here it is:


Yep, lots of colours is what I like about this card. It's vibrant and depending on which colours you choose, you can get quite different looks with it, not to mention easily turning it to a masculine card. I'm currently making a blue/green version as well.

The HAPPY stamp I used for the background is from PTI Birthday Bash Sentiments set. I always wished there were more stamps of this style because they make fab background stamps :)
 
Also, I don't have a Layerz Mat Stack #1 die, so I improvised with scissors. Turns out, Mat Stack #1 is such a simple shape that it's very easy to make your own layers. I guess that means $9 to spend on something else for me! ;)

Thanks for visiting!

 
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMPS: PTI Birthday Bash Sentiments
INK: PTI Orange Zest, SU! Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Pretty In Pink & Melon Mambo
PAPER: PTI Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream & Dark Chocolate
OTHER: PTI By the Numbers & Mat Stack #1 die, Jute Button Twine

 
Here's a blue/green version I promised!


I used a satin ribbon instead of the button twine and offset the mat stack die cut to the side a little (because I misplaced my ribbon! lol).

SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
STAMPS: PTI Birthday Bash Sentiments
INK: SU! Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy & Baja Breeze
PAPER: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Vintage Cream & Enchanted Evening
OTHER: PTI By the Numbers & Mat Stack #1 die, Celebrate! satin ribbon

10 comments:

Kara said...

great idea...looks great...cant wait to see the green and blue one!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card! Your background looks great!

Leigh Penner said...

This looks great, Euna! And I love how you made your own Layerz mat stack by hand!

Teresa said...

Great background and great card. Wonderful color.

Joyce said...

Super cute card. I had never seen that stamp before--now I want it. I hope you post your next card.

Sara said...

Love how this turned out! Only problem about blog hopping is seeing all the stamp sets I now "need" =) The "Happy" block is so fun.

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute cards. Very clever creating your own layerz mat stack. Love the blue/green colors.

Deb said...

Fabulous cards! Love the colors!

Sonia said...

Such a great idea!

Joyce said...

Love the blue and green one two. I can't believe you are only 24. Nice of you to rub it in.